top of page

Yes, is the short answer.


Wood burners and multi fuel stoves are no different from an open fire in regards to soot deposits building up in the chimney or the stainless steel flexible liners that many stoves are now fitted with.

In addition, all wood burners and multi fuel stoves have a baffle plate mounted just underneath the entrance to the flexible chimney liner and deposits from the flue and the burner itself can build up on this plate. If left uncleared this can potentially block the entrance to the flue leading to carbon monoxide fumes entering the home and also risk catching light and causing a chimney fire.

bottom of page